Load in will be Saturday September 28, 2019.
Load in will be at set times that you will be able to choose your time the Sunday prior to the event. Load in time slots are – 6:30AM, 7:30AM, 8:30AM.
All makers have to be in the hall and loaded in by 9:30 AM as the loading dock will be shut.
As you pull up to the dock, volunteers will help you unload (we’ve rented dollies for the day) and take your items to your space. You will then park if you need to and come back to the hall to your space. Volunteers will be around to help you – please ask for help as you need it.
BOOK ONLINE >> The online booking link will be available the Sunday prior to the show weekend. We will email everyone when the link is available. You will get a confirmation email with your booked time so if you forget what you booked, please check your email before emailing us to ask.
LOADING SCHEDULE and PARKING
There are three time slots beginning at 6.30/7.30/8.30 Please come at your selected time. We need you to unload in the loading dock where one of our volunteers will meet you with a dolly.
The total time your vehicle will be in the actual loading dock is 10 minutes. In order for us to do that and get everyone in on time, we need your help in following this process exactly.
- Please drive the entire fire escape route until you get to the Dock Area. Do not stop along this route! You will come into the loading dock and check in with the volunteer. They will give you a sticky note to give to the volunteers who will help you unload your car. They will also direct you to a line where you will park and unload. Please bring your own dolly if you have them but we have extras to ensure your car is completely unloaded in one trip. You may not leave your car unattended at any point.
- The volunteer(s) will then take your items to your spot in the room. You will drive your car to your parking space and come back to the Shaw. You can enter through the main doors on Jasper, through the pedway from Canada Place or through the glass doors facing Grierson Hill.
If you are being dropped off you can come with your items at that time as long as your car is not unattended in the loading area.
If you are bringing a trailer – please be considerate of other cars coming. Pull in straight into your lane and pull up close to any vehicle in front of you.
We ideally will have anywhere between 9-12 cars being unloaded around you. Please be aware of your surroundings and listen to Kreg who will be the main dock marshall in the loading area. We have also hired men from the Shaw who will help us load in and out. We have rented 20 extra flat deck dollies to help assist you in unloading your items in one trip.
Your time slot is the entire hour. If you arrive at the start of the hour but 25 people arrived ahead of you we work as people pull in. Please be patient, you will be unloaded quickly. Remember we are loading in over 150 vendors in less than three hours. WE HAVE DONE THIS FOR FOUR YEARS NOW – TRUST THAT WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING.
Please do not come early for any of your spots! We will wave you through the line until your time because we have an entire system built on the time slots. PLEASE respect this – we’ve done this before and we know how to get it done so that everyone is in and able to set up.
Parking is available in the Grierson Hill parking lot, directly across from the Shaw centre.
Other nearby paid parking;
- Canada Place impark: 9720 102 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 4B2 – $15 from midnight to 5PM on Saturday
- Impark: 10135 100 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 0N7 – $24 for the day
- Diamond Parking: 9939 Jasper Ave #100, Edmonton, AB T5J 2W8
LOAD IN FAQ
Do I need to bring my own Dolly?
Yes! We can use them and you’ll need them for load out.
What if we have two cars coming with our stuff?
No problem! The driver of each car will tell the volunteer which company name or vendor name they are with and will be unloaded and items sent to your space. No need to arrive at the same time.
What if I want to go with my items to my booth space?
No problem! Just make arrangements to have someone else park your car for you so we can get another maker in and unloaded. Cars can not be left unattended in the loading zone.
I want to help other makers load in after I get loaded in!
No problem! Make sure you get your stuff set up in plenty of time then come over to the dock and pitch in. You’ll get a special thank you treat for doing so. It’s delicious.
Will there be help loading out as well?
Yes we will have some volunteers to help but because people pack up at different rates we are not organizing set load outs. Please do not block the exit when you load out.